Monday 17 June 2013

Totally Bonkers And For A Fabulous Cause - Paw Seasons

Today was the launch of the Most Expensive Dog Holiday!!
(Prepare yourself, it is COMPLETELY BONKERS)

Jenny Hytner - Marriott is the owner of Paw Seasons dog hotel, in Long Ashton, Bristol, which is where the pampered pooch will be residing.
I met Jenny over 3 years ago, after my exhibition 'Best In Show'.
I was being cheeky and posted a business card under the windscreen of her Paw Seasons car.
A lovely surprise to me, was  an e-mail from Jenny saying how much she liked my work and would I like to visit her and the pooches. How could I resist.  Paw Seasons is really wonderful, and I have never seen such content canines.
So from then on we have kept in touch, and I have even had the joy of capturing Coco, her chow chow in a Queens Jubilee style.

Jenny asked me if I would like to get involved in the above by creating a portrait of the canine in question, and when I heard about where the money raised from her involvement would go, I was delighted to get involved.


Jenny explained:

"between Tim (my partner) and me, we've lost 3 spouses to cancer. We've been thinking of a way to do some significant fund-raising, and when we were approached by VeryFirstTo to do this, it seemed like the perfect opportunity"

I have also lost two grandparents and my father to cancer, so to be able to donate any money my portrait might raise to help this cause is fabulous. As well as Cancer Research, the money will also be split with Battersea Dogs Home.








No comments:

Post a Comment